To All GWL & GWM Employees
Not for release to public domain
Security Announcement – March 2022
As a manufacturing company that have large amounts of expensive metals, materials and highly confidential prototype and motorsport castings and engineering design information, production facilities like ours are increasingly becoming a target for thieves and other unwanted intruders. Unfortunately, there have been a number of reports of unauthorised intruders on the Stanmore Industrial Park in recent weeks, some of which have resulted in theft.
Whilst G&W have good control processes for our legitimate visitors on site, and also provide a safe and secure place to work, unfortunately, there may be occasions when unwanted visitors or intruders try and gain access where they should not.
Most recently, an intruder was spotted on CCTV checking over the G&W premises at Bridgnorth for what appear to be precious metals. When a team was sent to investigate, the intruder made their escape in a vehicle, thankfully without causing any harm to anyone.
Thanks to a vigilant employee quickly reporting the suspicious intruder, they were unable on this occasion to steal anything, commit any damage or cause any disruption to the workplace.
We should all remain cautious and vigilant when at work, for the safety or ourselves and our colleagues and the protection of our business.
If you think there is an unauthorised intruder on site you should:
• Always be aware that your safety is the most important thing.
• Make your colleagues in the immediate area aware of the incident and report it immediately to a Team Leader, Supervisor or other appropriate Manager. Make sure you tell them the location that you last saw the suspected unauthorised intruder.
• Do not approach or confront the intruder.
• Allow our designated security guards to deal with the situation.
Information for Team Leaders / Supervisors and Managers
• If suspicious activity is reported to you call either Mark Harris (Exec Maintenance and Facilities Manager) on 07815 143080 or Nick Thomas (Facilities / Process Engineer) on 07800 914788 to report this. Our on site security guards will be sent to deal with the situation.
Information relating to any reported unwanted visitors on site, will be handed over to the police. This will include CCTV images of intruders and their vehicles.
Please be assured that we are always looking for ways to improve security, and a review of current security measures and control mechanisms is taking place, however, we should all remain cautious and vigilant when at work, for the safety or ourselves and our colleagues and the protection of our business.
If you have any questions regarding this announcement please discuss them with your Team Leader / Supervisor or Manager in the first instance.